Duomo di Napoli - Museo del Tesoro di San Gennaro
Via Duomo, 149 - Tel. 081.294980
Siti web: www.duomodinapoli.it - www.museosangennaro.com
Carlo I D’Angiò started the building that was carried on during Carlo II’s reign till Roberto d’Angiò finished in the twenties of the fourteenth century. The Church, damaged in different sysmic events, was often restored and remade so that it shows different styles. The Cathedral has three aisles and a polygonal
apse. The roof is made of woden trusses in the nave and cross vaults in the aisles.The three entrance portals that welcome the visitors are by Antonio Baboccio da Piperno and dated 1407. The central portal shows two fourteenth century lions and the lunette keeps a Madonna and Child by Tino da Camaino.
Along the walls of the nave there are paintings by Luca Giordano and in the aisles there are
fine sepulchres. Two chapels open at the sides of the apse: Minutolo Chapel with mosaic floors and thirteenth century fescoes and Tocco Chapel with a fresco by Pietro Cavallini.. Under the Altar
there is the crypt of San Gennaro. The Treasure Chapel , with a central plan, is closed with a golden gate by Cosimo Fanzago. In this Chapel they keep the apula with San Gennaro’s skull and the clotted blood that
melts twice a year.
Open: Mon to Sat - Hours: 08.00
12.30 a.m. / 4.30 p.m. - 7.00 p.m. - Sunday
8.00 a.m. - 1.30 p.m. / 5.00 p.m. - 7.30 p.m.
Means of Transport: Metro Line 1 Dante Station
Metro Line 2 Cavour Station - Buses R2 - E1
San Gennaro’s Treasure is formed by many items: old documents, precious objects, silver items, jewels and paintings. The museum will host theme exhibitions: Each of them connected to the different types of items that form the entire treasure.
Closed on Mondays
Open: Tue to Sat - Hours: 9,30a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Sundays and holidays: 9.30 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.
Tickets fares: Adults €6,00 - under18 e over
65 €4,00 - schoolgroups €3,50 - groups (at
least 15 people) €4,50 - Artecard holders
Services: Disabled access
Means of transport: Metro: Line 1 Dante Station
- Line 2 Cavour Station - buses: R2 - E1
- National Museum of Capodimonte
- MADRE - Museo Arte Contemporanea Donnaregina Naples
- National Archaeological Museum of Naples
- Pan - Palazzo delle Arti di Napoli
- Museo Diego Aragona Pignatelli Cortes
- Museo del Mare
- Museo dell' Osservatorio di Capodimonte
- Galleria dell' Accademia delle Belle Arti
- Museo di Paleobotanica ed Etnobotanica
- Musei di Paleontologia, Mineralogia, Zoologia e Antropologia dell'Università Federico II
- Certosa e Museo di San Martino
- Museo Duca di Martina
- Baia - Museo Archeologico dei Campi Flegrei
- Città della Scienza
- Museo del Novecento Napoli
- Museo Diocesano
- Complesso Museale di Santa Chiara
- Museo di Etnopreistoria
Get Skype and call me for free.