Via Tito Angelini, 20 - Tel. 081.5784030 - Sito web: www.polomusealenapoli.beniculturali.it
The castel took on its present appearance following fortification works built by the viceroy don Pedro di Toledo and planned by the architect Luigi Scrivā He planned a star shaped layout with six points twenty metres longer than the central body and large embrasures instead of tie rods in the inwards corners . It was surrounded by a moat with a big storage tank. Before the moat there is a small Church that the Spaniards dedicated to Our Lady of Pilar in 1682. Today it hosts important, National exhibitions and events.
Closed on Wednesdays
Open : Thu to Tue - Hours: 08.30 a.m.
7.30 p.m. last tickets 6.30 p.m.
Tickets fares: adults 3.00 - 18-25 1.50
under 18 and over 65 free.
Means of transport: Metro Line 1 Vanvitelli station
- Metro Line 2 Cavour, station and line 1
Funicolare di Chiaia Cimarosa station, Funicolare
Centrale Piazza Fuga station and Funicolare
di Montesanto Morghen, station and bus V1